Full Name:Elshad Aliyev
Program you represent: FLEX
Work Place: United Aid for Azerbaijan (UAFA)
Short Bio: Born in 1992. Went to school in 1999. FLEX – 2009-2010. Studied in Khazar University and Doshisha University in Japan (2010-2015). Organized Safe Driving Project In Baku and Agstafa (sponsored by American councils, US Embassy and EuroAsian Foundation) in 2011. Also participated in many other Alumni events throughout years. Since 2017 January – Working in United Aid for Azerbaijan, as a Communications specialist (Marketing department).
Why do you want to be a board member? (200 words max.)
I am working in UAFA, and we are providing FREE services to deprived families and children with disabilities in 21 region of Azerbaijan. By becoming board member of AAA I am planing to connect resources of AAA and UAFA and organize joint projects that will attract more Alumni and help them to be more active in the society.
What type of events and projects responding to community needs have you organized in the past? (300 words max.)
1) Safe Driving Project in Baku and Agstafa
2) Safe Driving workshop for kids (Schoool # 212)
3) Several Joint workshops for kids in UAFA’s Yasamal Community Based Rehabilitation center together with FLEX volunteers
4) Fundraising events together with UAFA
What kind of projects would you like to implement at AAA during the next 2 year? (300 words max.)
1) Fundraising events
2) Creating sustainable platform for volunteers – later these volunteers will help during our projects
3) By using channels of UAFA, help AAA and US Educated Alumni volunteers (Especially Alumni of FLEX program) to go to regions and volunteer in the regions. In Baku we always have an opportunity to help children, but in the regions it’s not usually possible. So I want to create opportunities for volunteers reach children in need in the remote areas of the Republic of Azerbaijan.