Salary (Depends of candidate ) +bonuses after probation period
Working hours 09/00 -18/00 5 day
Higher medical Degree
Although this career is open to all graduates, the following subjects may improve your chances:
- life sciences;
A business or marketing degree may also be helpful, especially if accompanied by some knowledge of medical sales and what this involves.
You will need to show:
- excellent communication skills;
- an outgoing and persuasive manner and the ability to deal with people who hold differing beliefs or values;
- confidence and persistence;
- patience and self-motivation;
- analytical and planning skills;
- a flexible approach to work in order to adapt to changes, for example in the healthcare system or product and drug formularies;
- strong teamwork and networking skills;
- commercial and business awareness.
A driving licence is essential.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK);
Duties often include:
- arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular ‘cold’ calling;
- making presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day, or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue;
- organising conferences for doctors and other medical staff;
- building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administrative staff;
- managing budgets (for catering, outside speakers, conferences, hospitality, etc.);
- keeping detailed records of all contacts;
- reaching (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets;
- planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the area sales manager. Generally, medical sales executives have their own regional area of responsibility and plan how and when to target health professions;
- regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings;
- keeping up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
- monitoring competitor activity and competitors’ products;
- developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
- staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.
Interested applicants please submit your application with CV(Word format only) with photo in English to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.