Skip to content
AAA is happy to announce its upcoming Board Elections! This is a very important time for our organization and we are excited to see many alumni involved in the elections and running for the board.
We will hold elections for the next board of 7 members representing our different educational programs. Board members will represent these categories of alumni:
· High School programs (FLEX, YLP, CYLP Benjamin Franklin and other self-funded or third party funded programs)
· Undergraduate programs (UGRAD, SUSI for students and other self-funded or third party funded programs) – two members
· Grad School programs (Edmund S. Muskie, Fulbright Foreign Student, other self-funded or third party funded programs)
· Professional Development Programs (Community Connections, IVLP, PFP, Hubert Humphrey, TEA, Open World)
Do you want to see AAA be the best possible? You can help guide our future. Deadline for submission of AAA Board Candidacy platform is May 4, 2018!
The election will take place in the Alumni Conference room at Caspian Business Center, 2nd floor, 40 Jafar Jabbarli Street, on June 2nd, 2018. Details to follow.
About the AAA Board
· Time Dedication/ Active Participation
· Engagement of Alumni
· Fundraising of events and projects
· Ready to commit building AAA’s annual action and event planning
· Bring best practices from US to Azerbaijan
· Help to promote US Educational programs
Why to run for AAA Board Elections?
· Being a leader in alumni programs
· Sharing your personal and professional expertise to contribute to improvement of the community
· Guiding the programming of alumni activities
· Building your network and mentoring younger alumni
· Invitation to Ambassadorial events and major receptions,
· Meetings with visiting senators and high ranking US Government representatives
· Participation in international alumni events (European Network of American Alumni Associations conferences held twice a year) and many others.
How to run for AAA Board Elections?
In order to take part in the elections as a candidate, please send your platform answering the questions below together with your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org address by May 4th, 2018.
Program you represent:
Why do you want to be a board member? (200 words max.)
What type of events and projects responding to community needs have you organized in the past? (300 words max.)
What kind of projects would you like to implement at AAA during the next 2 year? (300 words max.)
Are you a U.S.-educated Azerbaijani citizen and still not an AAA member?
We invite you to join the association as a member. We need all alumni to be united under one umbrella. You are our best resource. Only by uniting, we can help each other and our country.
Then it’s time to fill out the Membership Form –and send the filled out and signed document to email@example.com.
What AAA membership gives to you?
Networking: making new friends/contacts
Attending the AAA events
Receiving information on upcoming events
Receiving information on grants and scholarships
Free monthly newsletter
Be part of numerous projects implemented by AAA
Explore many more new opportunities
We look forward to see your active participation in the elections and bring the change you want to see in the alumni community.